Hostnames and URLs
In the current relaunch, the reduction of the different hostnames used for presentation websites as well as the moderate introduction of conventions especially for the top level of the directory path is aimed at.
The following guidelines for hostnames and URLs will therefore be applied:
- Pages of central institutions receive a URL in the form www.tuwien.at/<wish-url>.
- Pages of institutes, research areas and research groups receive a URL containing the faculty abbreviation. So in the form www.tuwien.at/fak/<wish-url>.
- <wish-url>.project.tuwien.ac.at as host name for project websites.
- <wish-url>.conf.tuwien.ac.at as host name for conference websites
- <wish-url>.lva.tuwien.ac.at as host name for lecture websites
- <application>.tuwien.ac.at as host name subject to approval for applications (only possible in the profile "webspace").
Since the specification tuwien.at/<wish-url> as URL for presentation websites can only be met with reasonable effort via the central services of TU.it (TYPO3 and TUwebsiteHosting in the profile "TU Wien"), presentation websites on own servers are therefore no longer desired.
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
The Service Center can be reached from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Compliance with the currently applicable COVID-19 security regulations is assumed.