Using cloud storage
Cloud storage is included with some products. This means that the user can optionally save settings, files, messages, or the like in a system that does not belong to the Vienna University of Technology. Therefore, please note some important things when dealing with cloud storage:
- Please note that personal data may not be stored in cloud storage. Details on this in the TU Wien Cloudrichtlinie.
- Cloud storage is generally designed to be very redundant, so that data loss due to a server failure is unlikely. Nevertheless, data may be lost if, for example:
- The account is hacked or there is a major slump in the provider.
- The account is deleted (for various reasons).
- You accidentally delete files yourself. This is particularly fatal if an automatic synchronization process causes the deletion on all your devices.
- We therefore strongly recommend backing up all data in cloud storage independently and frequently (not in a cloud product!). TU.it does not currently offer backup of cloud storage.
- Please note in particular that when unsubscribing from products with cloud storage, all files are backed up beforehand. After unsubscribing, access is generally no longer possible; the data is generally deleted by the account deletion.
TU.it assumes no liability for data in cloud storage. The use of cloud storage is at your own risk.
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
The Service Center can be reached digitally from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.