TUnet Wireless LAN Service
The TUnet Wireless Lan Service offers employees of the Vienna University of Technology as well as visiting professors and conference participants flexible mobile access to the TUnet.
|Properties:||encrypted (tap-proof); fixed personal IP address, if you (as an employee) establish a VPN connection with the help of the network account (and there the option “fixed IP address” * is activated)|
|Intended use:||For staff and students of the Vienna University of Technology, guest professors with guest account and conference participants with conference account|
|Intended use:||for employees of the Vienna University of Technology, guest professors with guest account and conference participants with conference account - only intended as alternative variant if the encrypted service (with the SSID tunet) cannot be used|
|Intended use:||for students, employees and participants of the international eduroam network|
- For employees, the network account (firstname.lastname@example.org) serves as access authorisation.
- For students, the student account (eXXXXXXX@student.tuwien.ac.at) serves as access authorisation.
- Other accounts (email@example.com) can be applied for via our Online Account Management. (No eduroam authorisation!)
A password change, opens an external URL in a new window is possible at any time.
Those authorised for account release can create:
- a guest account (eg for guest professors or employees of external companies) of the form firstname.lastname@example.org with a non-modifiable username-password combination for a maximum of 28 days. This account is active immediately.
(No eduroam authorisation!)
- Conference accounts of the form YYYYYnnn@conference.tuwien.ac.at (for “YYYYY”, it makes sense to choose a maximum five-digit prefix as a conference code). When first created, 50 users are created. The number of accounts can then be increased in increments of 50 each to max. 999. A start and end date (up to one month) can be selected.
(No eduroam authorisation!)
For students, co-workers, visiting professors with guest account and conference participants with conference account, access to the encrypted (tap-proof) TUnet WLAN is provided primarily via the SSID “tunet”.
If for some reason the configuration does not succeed, the “open” WLAN with the SSID “tunetguest” is an alternative variant. Although authentication is secured over SSL (via HTTPS web portal), all traffic remains unencrypted.
Therefore, you must ensure secure transmission (ssh, ssl, VPN, …) yourself!
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
As a result of the coronavirus epidemic, the service center is now closed.