Additional services abroad - Roaming
With 15.6.2017 the billing for telephony, SMS, MMS and data usage changed in the EU member states* including Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland. Switzerland is not included in the EU roaming cost regulation.
- Roaming is charged in these countries in the same way as units to other networks at your domestic rate.
- If you use a domestic tariff with free units for voice telephony, SMS and MMS, these will also apply in this area from 15.6.2017, passive calls will not be charged. If no roaming package is active, the domestic packages (free minutes and data packages that were previously only valid nationally) will also be used in Europe.
It does not make sense to activate a roaming package for Europe. Please subscribe and unsubscribe roaming packages by email to email@example.com.
If you need a roaming package for a non-EU country, you must make sure that you have it deactivated as soon as you return to the EU (please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org). If the roaming package is not deactivated, the activated roaming package will be used in the EU+ area instead of your free units. All data connections beyond the roaming package will be charged with € 2.49,-/MB. The TU Wien tries to find a solution for this problem with A1.
- You can see your data volume available for EU roaming from 15.6.2017 on My A1 and in the My A1 app www.a1.net/roaminginfo at the bottom of the page About My A1.
Enter your phone number and you will receive a PIN code on your mobile phone with which you can query your data volume.
- A1 broadband packages valid in Austria and EU+ countries can be found at Mobile Internet
- The valid Fair-Use-Policy can be found at www.A1.net/roamingfair-use .
- The change applies to all tariffs. It will be carried out automatically on 15.6.2017.
*All EU Member States
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Additional services for foreign countries must be activated for a fee.
Broadband data traffic is charged at a maximum of € 1.12/MB (net).
Broadband data packages valid for Austria and EU+ can be found at Mobile Internet
Since 2010, it has been possible to activate cost limits for each call number for data connections abroad. The default limit is € 60,-. If the respective limit is reached, for security reasons a data connection can only be re-established after authentication with the password of the TU Wien.
If you work abroad in the WLAN and do not want to activate a data roaming package, data roaming must be deactivated on the device and LTE must also be switched off to avoid data roaming costs.
Voice and data roaming packages
can be ordered cheaply before a trip abroad and are available in these countries, opens a file in a new window.
With 15.6.2017 new EU roaming regulations come into force.
Different variants are offered (depending on the number of language minutes or the size of the data volume):
At least one full monthly fee (30 days commitment) will always be charged, if the package is cancelled earlier, a fee for early cancellation will be charged.
In principle, the tariffs listed above are only valid in the 60 countries on the list. Check whether your destination is listed in the country list!
Please contact the TU.it at email@example.com one week in advance if you would like to have a roaming package activated for your number!
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
As a result of the coronavirus epidemic, the service center is now closed.