Additional services abroad - Roaming
As of June 15, 2017, the billing for telephony, SMS, MMS and data usage in the EU member states* including Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland changed. Switzerland is not included in the EU roaming cost regulation.
- Roaming is charged in these countries as units to other networks at your domestic rate.
- If you use a domestic tariff with free units for voice telephony, SMS and MMS, these will also apply in this area from 15.6.2017; passive calls will not be charged. As long as no roaming package is active, the national packages (free minutes and data packages that were previously only valid nationally) will also be used in Europe.
So it does not make sense to activate a roaming package for Europe.
Please register and deregister roaming packages by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a roaming package for a non-EU country, you must make sure that you have it deactivated as soon as you are back in the EU (please send an email to email@example.com). If the roaming package is not deactivated, the activated roaming package will be used instead of your free units in the EU+ area. All data connections beyond the roaming package will be charged with € 2.49,-/MB.
The TU Wien tries to find a solution for this problem with A1.
- You can see your data volume available for EU roaming from June 15, 2017 on My A1 and in the My A1 app.
Enter your phone number and you will receive a PIN code on your cell phone with which you can check your data volume.
- A1 broadband packages valid in Austria and EU+ countries can be found at Mobile Internet
- The valid fair use policy can be found at www.A1.net/roamingfair-use.
- The change applies to all tariffs. It will be done automatically with 15.6.2017.
*All EU member states
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Additional services for foreign countries must be activated for a fee
Broadband data traffic is charged at a maximum of EUR 1.12/MB (net)
Broadband data packages valid for Austria and EU+ can be found at Mobile Internet
Since 2010, cost limits can be activated for data connections abroad for each number. By default, a limit of 60,- Euro is set. If the respective limit is reached, for security reasons a data connection can only be re-established after authentication with the TU Wien password.
If you are working in a WLAN abroad and do not want to activate a data roaming package, data roaming must be deactivated on the device and LTE must also be switched off to avoid data roaming costs.
Voice and data roaming packages
can be ordered cheaply before travelling abroad and are available in these countries, opens a file in a new window.
On June 15, 2017, new EU roaming regulations will come into force.
Different variants are offered (depending on the number of voice minutes or the size of the data volume): Voice- and Data roaming packages pdf 18 KB , opens an external URL in a new window
There is always at least one full monthly fee (30 days binding), if the package is cancelled earlier, a fee for early cancellation will be charged.
Basically, the above rates are only valid in the 60 countries on the list. Please check if your destination is listed in the country list, opens a file in a new window!
Please contact TU.it at firstname.lastname@example.org one week in advance if you want to have a roaming package activated for your number!
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
The Service Center can be reached digitally from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Personal customer contact only by prior appointment, opens an external URL in a new window.
Compliance with the currently applicable COVID-19 security regulations is assumed.