New employee, new extension
For the necessary work steps, validate yourself with the TUpassword on the page tiss.tuwien.ac.at, opens an external URL in a new window and select TUphone in the left navigation bar!
If extensions with previously unused telephone numbers are to be created, these telephone numbers (ranges) must first be requested from TU.it. As a rule, new phone numbers will consist of 6 digits. The request is made in the TISS via a corresponding web mask under the Applications tab. After TU.it has assigned the extensions, a confirmation email will be sent. Which phone numbers are assigned to the OU and which of them are free can be seen in the Phone numbers tab.
New extensions can be created in the TISS in the Overview tab at the bottom with the Create new extension button.
After selecting, a menu appears where the desired type of extension is selected.
A VoIP person profile must be created for person-related extensions. If you select this item, you will get a list of persons in the organizational unit who have not yet been assigned a telephone. The corresponding person must be selected there. An extension is then created and an institute-independent phone number of the form 74nnnn is automatically offered. If desired, this number can be changed to a free number of the institute.
For function-related extensions, one of the variants under the heading VoIP Extensions is to be used.
The parameters can then be edited in the same way as in Adjusting parameters for existing extensions.
In order to activate a newly created extension, the check mark in the column Active? must be set!
Adjustments can be made via the Overview tab. You can:
- The owner can be a person of the organizational unit (for person-related extensions) or the organizational unit or a room number according to the room database for function extensions.
- set the display name. The institute number is always set automatically before the display name.
- adjust the (maximum) call authorization (default: TU-internal). The current call authorization is set to the value of the maximum call authorization when the extension is activated.
- Adjust the remuneration account if necessary (default: default account of the OU).
- Adjust individual parameters of the extension after selecting the icon (Settings):
- The language on the telephone or voicebox operation
- PIN code and password
- Additional profile administrators (persons at the organizational unit) can be specified for this extension, who then have the same rights to change the settings as the owner himself.
- The mail address for forwarding voice messages (Voicemail)
- Possible call diversions when busy or by time or all calls at all. The destination extension must be an existing extension. By clicking on the "Voicebox" button in the respective line, you can activate forwarding to the voicebox.
- If allowed in the workstation model - Activate the configuration for the Cisco Softphone Client and customize the configuration.
- If permitted in the workplace model (...Mobility...) and a business A1 Network mobile phone is assigned to this person, parallel ringing can be activated on the mobile phone.
- If the workstation model (...Mobility...) allows configuration and activation of parallel ringing with another (external) phone number (e.g. non-service mobile phone, but this will incur higher costs for the organizational unit!)
- Provided that the workstation model (...Mobility...) allows configuration and activation of parallel ringing with a Skype softphone.
- If this extension is used by several persons, these persons can be entered and deleted by selecting the Editor button to the right of the owner.
- The editor button to the left of the person/function can be used to change the assignment to a person or to a room (function extensions).
After all parameters of the extension have been set, the extension must still be activated so that it is programmed in the telephone system. To do this, click on X in the Active? column of the overview for the corresponding extension. The extension is then programmed (takes some time). Now there should be a checkmark at this point. Then you can login with this extension (by entering user name and PIN).
If the extension is to be deactivated again (e.g. not all changes to the workstation model can be made for active extensions), click on "Check mark" accordingly. This deletes the extension from the PBX. The content of any voicemail box will also be lost!
The Applications tab can be used to make various requests to TU.it / Telephone Administration for actions that cannot be carried out independently in TISS by the TUphone Appointee.
In the Applications tab, select "Request hardware (telephone sets)":
The following information must be entered here:
- Desired apparatus type (the standard apparatus has the designation 8961), except when none is needed anymore.
- Room number
- To which socket the device is to be connected. This designation has the form TP-rmn-n where rmn is usually the room number and n is a consecutive number of the socket (a socket has two sockets with two different designations) in the room.
For special configurations, select the appropriate mask in the Applications tab. These are in particular boss/sec configuration (including team configuration), setting up or deleting pickup groups and setting up or deleting hunt groups.
Participants can be assigned to or removed from existing pickup groups in the TISS. This function can be found in the Groups tab, e.g. assign participants or delete from pickup group.
The telephone sets that are assigned to the organizational unit are displayed under the End Devices tab. If a LogOut is performed on a telephone, the telephone returns to the "free" mode with a telephone number starting with 799 and where only house calls are possible. The extension that was previously assigned to the telephone no longer has a telephone and incoming calls reach the call drop destination (usually voicemail box, secretary's office,...). Such a logout also happens if you log in with your profile on another phone.
For devices that are assigned to a fixed person or function, it makes sense to set the so-called Logged-Out profile. This automatically reactivates the specified extension on the phone immediately after the logout, i.e. the key assignment of the extension is available on the phone again and calls to the extension can be accepted on the phone.
To set the logged-out profile, press the editor button in the "Logged-out extension" column of the corresponding telephone (identified by the telephone number in the logged-out state or by the serial number). Then you get a list of phone numbers (of the organizational unit) and can select the correct extension. An extension can only be defined as Logged-Out profile on one device! A logged-out profile can also be removed accordingly.
A Logged-Out profile can, if one is not already defined, also be defined directly on the phone after the login via (Settings) and "Set Logged Out Profile".
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
The Service Center can be reached digitally from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Personal customer contact only by prior appointment, opens an external URL in a new window.
Compliance with the currently applicable COVID-19 security regulations is assumed.