Functional account with assigned upTUdate permission group and assigned TISS mailing list
Functional accounts (e.g. Ennn.specialfunction) are used to display functions independently of individual persons.
The participants of an upTUdate authorization group announced by TU.it have access to such an account by means of their own (upTUdate) user name/password combination. You can also send emails from a functional account.
Properties of Functional Accounts
- has its own mailbox
- emails are stored once in the mailbox of the functional account
- sent emails can be found in the "Sent" folder of the functional account
Such an account can be set up by an address manager as follows (using the example of a fictitious functional account 'specialfunction'):
- If your desired mailing list has an address of the form firstname.lastname@example.org (*), create a mailing list with the name specialfunction in TISS first. But first register yourself as the owner and leave the mail delivery address empty.
- Create an upTUdate authorization group Ennn.specialfunction.user as the address manager of the structural element (the organizational unit) Ennn, whose participants should be authorized to use this account!
- Send an email to upTUdate@tuwien.ac.at and enter the name of the functional account (Ennn.specialuser) as well as the name of the TISS mailing list (specialfunction) created previously and the upTUdate authorization group (Ennn.specialfunction.user) created previously.
- As soon as you have received a message from TU.it that your functional account Ennn.specialfunction has been created, you can add specialfunction to your TISS mailing list as a mail delivery address Ennn.email@example.com.
- Now your functional account Ennn.specialfunction (worldwide) can be reached via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org (not Ennn.email@example.com)!
(*) If the desired address has the form firstname.lastname@example.org, please choose an alternative procedure or contact email@example.com