Properties of an upTUdate authorization group used as email distributor
- Emails are stored several times (namely in the mailboxes of all members of the upTUdate authorization group).
- Sent emails can be found in the "Sent" folder of the respective sender (i.e. member of the upTUdate authorisation group).
- If desired, the individual participants can also send emails under the name of the email distributor ("Send as" right).
Such an email distribution list can be set up by an address manager as follows (using the example of a fictitious distribution list 'specialfunction'):
- If your desired mailing list has an address in the form email@example.com (*), first create a mailing list in TISS with the name specialfunction. First enter yourself as the owner and leave the mail delivery address blank (see Creating Mailing Lists in TISS).
- As the address manager for the structural element (organizational unit) Ennn, create an upTUdate authorization group Ennn.specialfunction, to whose participants emails are to be distributed (creation of an authorization group).
- Contact upTUdate@tuwien.ac.at by email and enter the name of the previously created TISS mailing list and the previously created upTUdate authorization group (Ennn.specialfunction) that is to be used as the email distributor. If necessary, you can also set the "Send-as" permission.
- As soon as you have received notification from TU.it that the configurations have been made, you can add specialfunction to your TISS mailing list as the email delivery address Ennn.firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Now your upTUdate authorisation group Ennn.specialfunction (worldwide) can be reached via the email address email@example.com (not Ennn.firstname.lastname@example.org)!
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
The Service Center can be reached from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Compliance with the currently applicable COVID-19 security regulations is assumed.