The procedure described below is intended for receiving your media:
- You bring your old media Mon - Fri (weekdays) between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm to the Service Center. You identify yourself with your TUcard on the TU intranet portal.
- A unique TUDS (TUdiskShredder) barcode is attached to each device to be disposed of on site.
On a provided PC a web application is started and the TUDS barcode and optionally the serial number, the model number or an additional info of the media you hand over to us are scanned in. You will be guided through the web application by means of appropriate instructions. Of course, the Service Center staff is always available to support you.
- Several media that are delivered at one time can be combined in one batch.
- You confirm that you are authorized to destroy the data contained in the media, that you own the media itself, and that you are responsible for any necessary de-inventory.
- You will receive an email confirming the transfer.
- The transferred media are collected in the Service Center and usually destroyed on the same day.
- If this is not possible, the media that have not yet been destroyed are stored in a room with a higher security level and are destroyed within three working days.
- Via the web application, you can view the status of your media at any time.
- You will receive an email confirming the destruction.
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
The Service Center can be reached digitally from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Personal customer contact only by prior appointment, opens an external URL in a new window.
Compliance with the currently applicable COVID-19 security regulations is assumed.