Passwords and their meaning
Your password is not just the key to your user ID. If someone has access to an account, it is relatively easy to spy on other users' data as well and jeopardize system stability and security overall across the network.
Therefore, please take the time to read the following notes.
- The password should be at least 8 characters long and consist of a mixture of letters, numbers and punctuation or special characters.
- Do not use your username or any other name (such as first or last name) or information that is directly related to you, such as birthday, telephone number, social security number, ID number, car number, house number, city, street, etc.
- Do not use letter sequences from the keyboard like "qwerty" or similar.
- The password may not form a term contained in any dictionary (including foreign languages).
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Do not write down the password. (Small notes with the password on the monitor or under the keyboard are not a good idea).
- Never send passwords by email, as these connections are mostly unencrypted and the data is transmitted in plain text.
- Keep your password secret, it may not be passed on or used by another person, when entering you should also make sure that you are not being watched.
- If possible, sensitive (root) passwords should also be changed at regular intervals.
- Create password from first letters of a phrase. (It should be such that it can be entered quickly and blindly and can not be detected by other people.)
Example: ! 1Pw = as! (Rule of thumb: ! A password is always secret!)
- The same password should not be used by different service providers.
© TU Wien
Ticketsystem Online Portal, opens an external URL in a new window
Hotline 01 588 01 42002
1040 Wien, Operngasse 11, EG
The Service Center can be reached digitally from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Personal customer contact only by prior appointment, opens an external URL in a new window.
Compliance with the currently applicable COVID-19 security regulations is assumed.